PLE Spanish Positions in 4J Schools to help Spanish language teachers with students
Procedure to follow for volunteering for these positions
- Go to the INFORMATIONAL MEETING which is held at the beginning and near the end of the quarter. (See Enrolling for specific dates and times)
- Register for the class at the meeting.
- If you would like to work for the 4J school district, you must fill out a Criminal Background Check form on the following website: http://www.4j.lane.edu/volunteers/volunteerbackgroundchecks/ It takes 4-5 to process so it is a good idea to do it now.
- Contact the teacher below and present yourself as a bilingual volunteer with the PLE program at the University of Oregon. Set up a time to meet with him/her.
- Fill out the U of O PLE agreement form and have the teacher and you sign it. Make sure to record your hours of work and have your employer sign the time sheet.
Contact teachers for these positions
- Buena Vista Spanish Immersion Elementary School Contact:
- Victoria Sanguino
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 619-227-7578
- Monroe Middle School (Immersion program)
Level: Advanced level of Spanish
Time: 9-11:50 a.m.
Contact: Nick Hadley, Hadley_n@4j.lane.edu
- Roosevelt Middle School – not available this term
Contact person: Cat Donnelly at email@example.com
Times: 10:00-10:45 and 1:45-2:30
- South Eugene High School
Contact: Kathy Ruggles, firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Eugene High School
- El Camino del Rio Elementary School (Immersion program)
Level: Advanced level of Spanish or Heritage speakers at conversational level
Contact: Erin Skoubo at email@example.com (Kindergarteners)
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Level of Spanish: Advanced beginner to intermediate
- Monday-Thursday, 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Level of Spanish: Advanced intermediate to advanced in speaking, letter sounds and beginning reading
- Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Level of Spanish: Advanced intermediate to advanced
- Contact: Nikita Brougher at firstname.lastname@example.org (Kindergarten)